Excessive sweating can be quite an embarrassing experience. This condition is also known as hyperhidrosis. You become extremely conscious about your image among the peers and professional circles. Sometimes, you avoid the meetings and social gatherings during the day time fearing that people might make faces about sweat and the resulting odor from your body. An excessive sweating can also be a result of some medical condition.
Hence, it is advisable that if you suffer from excessive sweating then get yourself examined by a doctor and ascertain the reason. If it is a natural phenomenon then it is fine. But if it is due to some medical condition then you’ve to get yourself treated thoroughly. The following instructions will help you know how to avoid sweat stains that result from an excessive perspiration.
Complexity Level: Easy
Time Required: 20-30 minutes (on daily basis)
1. Drysol (As per doctor’s recommendation)
3. Good quality soap
4. Cotton cloths
- Make loose clothes your friend: Always wear loose clothes because tight clothes come into contact with your skin constantly and do not let your skin breathe. When you will wear loose clothes your skin will breathe as it will get its dose of air and the sweat will evaporate faster.
- Always wear cotton clothes: Cotton lets your skin get air whereas polyster and other synthetic materials do net let air pass through the cloths that result in more sweating. So, wear cotton clothes and avoid sweating profusely.
- Seek doctor’s advise for using Drysol: Drysol is a brand name for aluminum chloride hexahydrate. For stopping excessive sweating, various kinds of aluminum salts are used which are generally 15% – 19% concentrated in the solution but in few antiperspirants they are allowed up to 25%. Drysol is one of them. It helps by blocking the sweat glands and plugging the pores but it must be used only under medical supervision.
- Take regular baths: Never avoid your baths. Try taking baths twice a day. When you take shower regularly with the help of anti – bacterial soaps you eliminate the concentration of bacteria responsible for bad odor. Therefore, it helps in minimizing the effects of sweating.
- Carry with you an extra pair of socks: If your feet also sweat excessively, carry an extra pair of socks so that you may change them after mid day. It is the best solution to keep the odor at bay.
- Cut unnecessary hair: Try to maintain a hair-free body especially from your armpits. Hairs trap a lot of oil and sweat and thus cause body odor. If you minimize hairs from body, you minimize odor also.
- Watch your weight: Overweight people tend to sweat more. So, try to maintain your weight in a healthy way.
- Increase intake of healthy foods: Consume at least five servings of fruits and vegetables. Salads, soups, fruits and all such natural foods help in eliminating toxins and reducing perspiration. Drinking tea may also help as tea contains some astringent compounds.
- Use deodorants: You can also use deodorants. Try various brands. you may find something suitable for you.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Drysol?
Drysol is a medicine given to those people who suffer from hyperhidrosis. It is basically a solution containing aluminium chloride hexahydrate. The aluminium salt concentration in Drysol is as high as 25% where as generally it is within 19%. So, always use drysol under medical supervision.
- Avoid wearing sleeveless shirts with armholes that fit closely with the underarm.
- Keep a deodorant stick handy in purse which you can use in bathroom.
Things To Watch Out For:
Antiperspirants have been significantly correlated with breast cancer because of its aluminum content. Use those wisely.