There are many things that an individual can do to kill mosquitoes and control their growth up to some extent. Most of the people use poisonous substances to kill them but with the passage of time mosquitoes develop immunity against these poisonous substances. This insect troubles an individual both in day as well as in night. During daytime, these insects suck your blood, and in night they steal your sleep and annoy you. The best option is to keep the surroundings clean and free of moisture. If there is a dirty place around your home, that will become their breeding place and you will definitely become their prey. This article guides you how to get rid of mosquitoes using least toxic substances against them and keeping your family safe from their harmful effects.
Complexity Level: Basic
Time required: 5 minutes
1. Look for standing water around the home:
- Ensure that standing water is not stored at any place in home. If there is such a place existing at home then it is heaven for mosquitoes that will increase their numbers.
- Make an attempt to clear this standing water from that place in order to stop their rapidly increasing population. Make sure that the place is dry and there is no scope for further possibility that can create a pool of stagnant water, which if left unchecked, may create serious health issues.
2. Spray phenyl around the house:
After clearing the standing water, spray phenyl around your house and in toilets because it kills them. Do not forget wearing mask while spraying.The mask will protect you from any harmful or allergic fumes that may cause infections or allergic reactions. If possible, wear hand-gloves that will protect yourself from possible infection.
3. Trimming of lawn grass:
- This is also a nice place for these insects to hide and make our life miserable mostly in night by sucking our blood and stealing sleep.
- Regularly trim lawn grass and pull out weeds if they exist. This leaves them more prone to bad weather conditions after cutting the bushes and lawn grass.
- Try to keep the landscaping in such a way that there are no pot holes that may get waterlogged and become the breeding ground for mosquitoes.
4. Use of anti mosquito bugs or netting in night:
This helps in keeping away mosquitoes during night and lets you sleep comfortably. Usage of anti-mosquito bugs and mosquito repellents during night prevents them from coming too close to you, and kills them if they have developed immunity against phenyl.
Frequently asked questions:
There are some body creams in the market that claim to repel mosquitoes. Are they safe for health?
Yes, they really help in keeping mosquitoes away from the body but only for an hour or more than an hour. They do not have any side effects on your skin. So be carefree to use if you find these creams suitable for you.
If you are residing in an area which is full of mosquitoes, particularly during summers, it is suggested to buy anti mosquito products to counteract against these insects.
Things to watch out for:
Frequent use of a specific anti mosquito bug or spray helps in development of immunity in mosquitoes against these anti-mosquito products. If anti-mosquito product works out then use them else change quickly otherwise they develop immunity against these product.