Rust stains can look very ugly on your clothing. Removing these rust stains might sound like a big job for many, but it’s not that much difficult. The rust stains on the clothes can be removed with the utmost ease by following the below mentioned simple steps at home. Follow these steps and you will find that removing stain is extremely easy and of course it can be done in no time. You do not need expensive products to get rid of the stain as we will let you know the home made remedies.
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Time Required: 24 hours
Estimated cost: Around $5 to $10
1. Lemon Juice.
2. Paper Towels.
3. Cream of Tartar.
4. Rust Erasing Agent available in the market, and
5. Detergent powder.
Cost of Product: Minimal
1. It is strongly recommended, that the moment you get such a stain on your clothes, you should immediately get into the action of removing it as soon as possible.
2. Lemon is the best natural rust eraser for your stain as, it not only weakens the spot but also emulsifies it and removes it in no time.
3. When you find a stain on your garment you can easily sprinkle some lemon juice on it liberally and when it is soaked in it you can blot it with some paper towel and leave it on for a day.
4. After that you can wash it and dry it in sunlight, such that the chemical reaction with the sun rays can totally erase the stain from the cloth like magic!
5.) If the above step is futile then you can use cream of tarter as an erasing agent. You can pour two liters of hot water in six teaspoons of cream of tater and mix it together.
6. You can soak your garment in this solution for a day and after that wash it properly and dry it out, you will find that the stain have vanished!
7. Another very effective and most commonly used method is the use of a rust removing agent which is available in the market. You should carefully follow the instructions to get the desired results.
8. You can also also use a warm detergent solution to remove the stain, by soaking and scrubbing the stain the next day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How long should we soak clothes in the desired solutions?
A: We should soak the clothes for at least 24 hours, so that the stain disintegrates in the solution we are using.
Q2. Are there any rust erasing solutions available in the market?
A: Yes, there are numerous over the counter rust erasing solutions available in the market and they are easy to use as well.
Q3. Is chlorine bleach harmful for these kinds of stains?
A: Yes, chlorine is extremely harmful for rust stains as the stain is further absorbed in the cloth and it becomes even more difficult to remove it.
1. Remember to clean the stain as soon as possible.
2. Dry your garments in the sun so that the chemical reaction in the sun, can erase the stain quickly.
3. You should be careful to absorb your cloth in the desired solutions and wait patiently for their effect to take place.
4. Every remedy requires atleast 24 hours to react and give the desired results so, the patience and the results would certainly be satisfactory.
Things to Watch out for
1. Don’t scrub the cloth too hard to remove the stain lest the fiber of the cloth gets damaged.
2. Use the products available in the market for erasing stains, carefully. If you don’t follow the instructions then you would not get the desired results.
3. Never use chlorine bleach for the stains as it would make stain even more adamant and it would be difficult to remove it.
4. Do not use the hot dryer for these stained clothes as heat further worsens the stain.
Henceforth, after reading all these procedures you might agree with me that removing a rust stain is extremely easy.