There is no doubt that you need lot of creativity and effects to maintain your home garden. But it is equally true that pests in the home gardener can be a big mess. The chances of poison ivy are more specially if tend to do home gardening on regular basis. It is one such plant which causes allergy at a higher rate.
Even if you slightly touch it, you will get painful blisters, continuous itchiness and burning sensation on the skin. It is always better to take precautions rather than becoming a victim. In case poison ivy is now already growing at your home garden, it is better to look for the effective poison ivy killer.
Know more Poison ivy treatment
You may feel that killing a plant is an easy thing but when it comes to poison ivy treatment, you are certainly messing up with a challenge. Trimming the lawn is not a solution because eventually it would still attack you and your legs and hands will get red and starts itching. In the United States of America, this plant virtually grows in every part except for Hawaii, Alaska and the deserts. Most commonly it is found in Asia, Canada, and Mexico. This type of plant is found mostly on the woods edges, streams, and beaches.
- The moment you think that this uninvited pest has attacked you, rush to the kitchen and use a cold compressor. It will slow down the growth of allergy and makes the skin numb enough to stop the itchiness.
- It is always better to have a hydrocortisone cream or antihistamine as it gives instant relief from itchiness.
- If any part of your eye got a rash due to this pest, then immediately visit your doctor instead of choosing any home remedies.
In case, you have made poison ivy plant your companion, then it’s high time to get rid of it before it makes your situation even more worst by causing lung issues.
There are many things to which a person can be allergic too but if you get allergic to lawn infestations then you may not get rid of it so easily. That is why, follow some important tips which can help you to protect yourself and take timely action against this problem.
- Wear right attire: The plant is filled with toxic resin which causes blistering rashes on any body part. That is why protect your body by wearing long sleeved shirt, cover your hands with rubber gloves and feet with socks so that such pest does not touch your body in any way. Googles should never be missed out when you go near to these plants.
- Choose a Right Time: It is always better to plan well in advance on when youi can actually kill this poison ivy. If there is no wind and the day is quite dry or sunny, then it is right time to get rid of this problem.
- Destroy the nearby area: Once you get rid of the plant, there can be leaves and even its steams that might not have been removed properly. Make sure you eradiate them all with a chemical weed killer.
- Clean the Area: It is always better that after you do the gardening; you always make it a point to clear your gardening shoes, tools, clothes before using it next time.
In case, poison oak attacked you then wash off your skin with cold water and isopropyl alcohol
Backyard garden weed:
Backyard garden weed is the most annoying thing that grows at your garden plants. They grow at a faster rate and that too frequently. That is why; use Commercial weeds killers on frequent basis so that its growth will at least stay in control.
Never touch poison ivy directly. Use protective shields like gloves and clothes before coming in contact with it. You can use Ivory white detergent for effective results but do not use bleach or vinegar as it may result to chloride gas that can be harmful.
Tools for Gardening
There are different types of tools for gardening such as hori hori, cobrahead, easy plant sensor, a compost tumbler, and a gardening apron to name a few. You can purchase them directly from the market or shop online but whenever you use such tools, make sure you clean them properly for long time suability.
Tips to grow beautiful garden
You are growing a garden eventually means you are growing one of the best things in life that our mother nature has gifted. Use smart ways, to grow beautiful garden and for this learn more DIY techniques and ensure that quality tools are only used for better results. Gardening requires regular maintenance and so be dedicated for the same as plants are extremely sensitive. Even the slightest mistake can show a big impact.
Remember, to kill a poison ivy can be a daunting task if you will be doing it for the first time. Your first clear your mind whether you want to go for the chemical poison or organic one to control its growth as both the options are effective but organic one will eventually take more time to control its growth.
The garden area is the most beautiful area of a house, which is a symbol of the presence of nature within your dwelling. It should be created in a perfect manner and should be maintained accordingly.