Gold is considered to be the most auspicious metal, especially in countries like India. It was, it is and it will remain the most treasured possession for lifetime. People in general, women in particular leave no opportunity to buy gold. People pass on gold from one generation to another and always wish that its shine never fades.
Pure gold has a bright yellow color. It maintains its luster and does not get oxidized in air or water. But it can get dull and dirty due to regular use. The perfumes we use and the dust and oil can make it loose its shine. To get back the shine you can easily follow some easy steps at home itself. Although lots of products are available in the market, it is much easier and safe to clean at home. You can follow the following instructions to keep your treasure forever new and shining.
1. Take a bowl of warm water and dissolve a teaspoonful of a mild liquid soap in it.
2. Mix a table spoonful of bottled soda water, which does not have sodium in it.
3. Soak the gold jewelery or item of gold in the solution for half an hour.
4. Gently scrub the gold item with a soft toothbrush.
5. Remove from the solution and gently wipe with a soft cloth. And you get that sparkling shine once again.
It is advisable to repeat this process at least once in a month.
Cleaning of gold jewelery with gemstones studded into it
1. Gold ornaments like bracelets, ear tops, necklaces, rings etc., if they are studded with gemstones, require careful handling while cleaning them.
2. Instead of toothbrush, use a soft muslin cloth soaked in liquid soap to scrub them.
3. Rinse with damp tissue paper.
4. Lay the pieces upside down, so that the trapped water comes out and does not loosen the glue.
1. This method should be used only if the gold ornament does not have any gemstones glued into it.
2. Put your gold item in a liquid soap and water solution. Boil on a low flame for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Take the piece out, rinse thoroughly and wipe with a tissue paper.
2. A bowl
3. Mild liquid soap
5. Your gold items
6. Soft muslin cloth
7. Tissue paper
8. Soda water
1. Never use bleach to clean your precious gold items.
2. Do not use chemicals like chlorine to clean your precious metal as it will discolor it.
3. You can always take your jewelery to a professional jeweler if you have any problem.
4. Make sure you dry the metal completely before storing them in soft cushioned boxes.