Feng Shui is a very famous Chinese way of home decoration that purportedly brings you health, wealth, and good fortune when done right. It is designed mainly to promote the flow of positive energy inside your home while keeping you away from the negative energy thus helping you a comfortable stay within your home. Following are few ways in which you can incorporate Feng Shui in your home for an attractive decor and a prosperous living.
Before you begin
The first and the most important thing that you should do before applying the principles of Feng Shui to your décor is to properly clean your home and make it clutter free. This will enhance the energy flow also known as the “chi flow” of the house. The next step is to define the energy map of the house to know which objects and colors best suit all the rooms. Once the map is ready you can concentrate on buying mew ones or using existing décor items while placing them according to the principles of Feng Shui.
Feng Shui for Different Rooms within a House
Once you are done with the above basics, you can now begin to decorate each and every single room of the house according to Fen Shui thus enhancing the chi flow of the entire place. Listed below are few tips on how to decorate different rooms of your house to have the best Feng Shui energy flow.
- Living Room
Living room is the most important area of any house that receives heavy family and visitor traffic. To Feng Shui your living room –
- Organize your living room neatly to keep it free from mess and clutter.
- Make use of colors like reds, browns, oranges, greens and yellows.
- Arrange your furniture in a way that it does not block the flow of energy.
The bedroom is the intimate area of any house where we experience comfort, love and security. In order to make your bedroom an extremely relaxing, inviting and alluring haven, you should –
- Remove electronic devices such as TV and exercise equipments out of the room.
- Keep windows open to let in pure, fresh, oxygen rich air.
- Have proper lighting system for the room with different lighting levels according to use.
- Use wall colors that promote peace and relaxation generally the colors used in Feng Shui are “skin colors” ranging from white to dark brown.
- Do not place your bed within direct range of the door and keep all the doors closed during night.
Bathroom too is a place meant for privacy and comfort. However, wrongly placed toilets are believed to be bad luck carriers. Hence you should –
- Use metal wind chime in the Northeast and Southwest directions of the bathroom to have a hold over the bad earth energy while the sweet sound of the wind chime will refresh your mood.
- Make use of crystal geode in the southern direction so as to combat the bad fore energy.
- Avoid placing green plants in the south, south east, and east of the bathroom.
Feng Shui Symbols
- Horse: Brings fame and success.
- Butterflies: It is used as a cure for love and romance.
- Fu Dogs: These are traditional Feng Shui symbols that denote safety and protection.
- Buddha: In Feng Shui Buddha is believed to be the giver of peace, protection and is considered as a lucky charm that brings you food fortune.
- Flowers: Depending on their number and colors, flowers, in Feng Shui denote beauty, grace and sensuality.
These simple changes in the way you generally organize and decorate your home can greatly affect your well being and make you life better in a long run.