Have you got bored of seeing those old colored walls in your bedroom? Do you want your rooms to have a new style? Then don’t waste time, take the painting brush and decide on a beautiful color for the room. Do the painting yourself. A beautifully embellished room will always be a noticeable area in your home. If you have enough ideas and creativity, you can design your own room. Colors have the capacity to modify the appearance of rooms. It is said that, certain colors can influence even our mental setup. Light colors can make a small room look bigger. So, what are you waiting for? Get cracking! Learn these easy instructions and give your a room a complete new look with a good color and paint.
Complexity Level: Moderate
Time Required: 10-12 hours
4. Paint brushes
5. Paint roller
6. Drop cloths
7. Paint applicator
1. Empty the room
If any heavy item is there, which cannot be changed, you should cover it entirely. The room must be ventilated. If possible, remove hardware like switches, door handles, knobs, hinges, etc, from the room to avoid the paint spreading on them.
2. Keep the room clean
Always clean the rooms and walls and ensure that there are no dust particles and spider webs on the walls. If there is mold or mildew, clean it with water and bleach.
3. Start with the ceiling, use the primer first
To paint the room, you should start with the ceiling. Using the rough paper or knife, you can clear the walls by removing the old paint drips, nails or dark marks. If there are any dark marks on the walls, you can start with a primer first. Paint the walls using a primer. It is always better to paint the horizontal strokes to avoid overlapping.
4. Use good quality materials
The items that you use for painting should be of a good brand. A lot of branded paints and brushes are available in the market. You can select a superior one to do the work properly.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to paint the room in two different colors?
Painting the room in two different colors is a great way to change the look. You can use contrast colors. You can use dark colors on the areas which should be highlighted.
1. You can use a good quality paint and brush for painting the walls. A good quality brush can cut the edges very neatly. You can tape off the edges and borders with a good tape.
2. Before starting, the room furniture must be covered. Clean the walls and remove the dirt or mold if any. If there are any dark spots or marks, you can hide them by using a primer.
3. You should select matching shades to paint the room. They should have a soothing effect. Some special shades can provide an elegant look and can spread a positive energy in the room.
4. You should start with the ceiling. Then, you can paint the walls. You need to cut the point where the ceiling meets the wall using a good painting brush. It is a time-consuming job and needs a lot of effort and patience on your part. The paints should not be overlapped.
1. You can paint two or three coats. Using a paint roller, gently cover the walls with an attractive color.
2. At the trims or the borders you can use a painting brush as the rollers may not fit there. Use a good brush for creating the borders correctly.
3. Whenever you paint the walls with the roller, take a small amount of paint in the roller pan to avoid wastage due to drying. To avoid ridges, paint from dry areas to wet areas.
Things To Watch Out For:
1. Always wear old clothes while painting the room. You can use a hat and glove to avoid direct contact with the paint. If needed, you should use a mask to cover your nose.
2. Do not forget to switch off the electrical equipment in the room. Always keep a waste cloth with you to wipe off the drips. You need to cover the paint buckets always otherwise it may dry.
3. You need to wait until the paint dries completely. Only after that you can arrange the furniture.