Our dining spaces need revamping and renovation every now and then. However, the best way to change the look of our dining room would be to change the dining room seat covers, and make the entire look appear fresh and new. Instead of opting for more costly renovations like new painting or getting the doors and entire decor altered, it would be a better idea to simply change the dining seat covers and see the difference.
How to Decide on the Perfect Seat Covers
- First measure your chairs, as they come in different sizes and the seat cover must be customized to fit the chair in a comfortable and neat manner. Measure both the width and length of the front and back of the chair as well as the seat.
- Zero in on the perfect color and design that go well with the decor and the walls of your dining room. Dining chairs should be in harmony with the interiors, so decide on what would blend in perfectly, or perhaps even add a splash of color to your plain room.
- Decide on the perfect fabric, especially if you have pets or toddlers in the home. If so, then you might be better off with slipcovers that can be easily taken off for a wash. You can also opt for stain resistant fabrics.
- Decide on the kind of slipcovers you want, the ones that need to be secured by tying threads or the ones that have elastic.
- Give a better finishing to your dining table by replacing the table linen to make it in harmony with the new seat covers.
How to Get your Dining Seat Covers Replaced
You can get your upholstery replaced by getting it done professionally, buying the readymade slip covers or perhaps replacing and making the covers yourself. Each carry a different price tag and each provide a different look to the dining room decor.
- Getting Upholstery Done Professionally
You can hire the services of a professional upholsterer. This can be a little expensive, but it assures great quality and is very convenient as well. They do a great job and it is all done rather quickly and aesthetically. You can in fact go to their office, decide on the fabric and style. They will take the measurements and then give you the finished products within days. At times, a professional upholsterer will polish your wooden chairs too.
- Buying Readymade Chair Slipcovers
The other convenient option would be to simply purchase some modern looking slipcovers. This is the best option for those having young chairs, as they can be easily taken off and washed. These can be bought online or at stores.
- DIY Upholstery
The most cost effective way of getting the upholstery done is to do it yourself. For this, you need the fabric, which has been prewashed along with a staple gun. You can remove the existing cloth with the help of a drill or screwdriver.
Dining seat covers come in a wide variety of colors, fabrics, designs, and styles. Some of the most commonly used styles are ruffled, floral, printed, check and neutral or block shades. If you go through these options, then you will undoubtedly save yourself a lot of money and give your dining space the much-needed renovation. However, do ensure that you make the right decisions when it comes to the style, color and fabric of your dining seat cover, because a mismatch might just make the room appear a little unsightly.