Gone are the days when bathrooms just used to fulfill the daily requirement of carrying out one’s ablution needs. Modern era bathrooms, characterized with all modern amenities and comforts, are not just defined as a place to clean, rinse and wash, but are now being converted into personal sanctuaries where one spends quality time to relax, rejuvenate and even escape to steal some private moments from one’s daily hectic schedules. Individual bathroom spaces are now being symbolized as a high-maintenance heaven or a simple haven, which needs to be nicely maintained and well kept. By this we do not mean that one has to spend through his nose to match the standards of high-end bathrooms. Smart, simple and innovative ideas, which are light on the pocket as well, can make you do wonders in creating a lively and attractive interiors within your personal space and can also assist considerably in keeping your bathroom well organised, smartly planned and beautifully maintained.
1. Add on a toiletries organizer to capitalize on a small space: The first step to make your bathroom look more organised is to remove all the bottles stacked on the sides of the tub or the wash basin. You can install a bathroom corner shelf, which not only saves on space, but also adds to the aesthetic beauty of your toilet area. One such product is the Oxo Bathtub corner shelf, which is triangular in shape, suctions to a bathtub corner, can go right in the dishwasher as well and is priced at as low as $ 6 only.
2. Hang towels where you need them: To add a new look and appeal to your bathroom, you can even go in for stylish-looking metallic adhesive hooks, which can easily hang your beautifully printed towels, thereby adding a touch of brightness to a dead interior toilet space. You can opt for the Command Line by 3M, which costs only $ 6 and is enough to make your bathroom look more neat and tidy.
3. Expand elbow room: You can get a curved shower-curtain rod installed in your personal bathroom, which can lend you additional moving space, allow you to dry out your towels and hand-washables out of sight. A double-rod styled circular shower rod from Polder’s can do the needful for you. All you have to do is shell out $ 50 for the remodeling.
4. Put down a new floor: Adding a new flooring to an existing one, although quite ambitious, is still easier than it sounds. With modern innovative products hitting the market every now and then, the company Armstrong has launched its collection of self-adhesive vinyl floor tiles, which start at a rate of $ 1 per sq ft and can be easily cut with a utility knife to fit into any given dimension or space. All you have to do is rip off the sticker from its back and stick it right on top of the existing floor made of linoleum or tiles etc.
5. Dress up the mirror: An interesting way of altering the look of your existing bathroom is by replacing your old mirror with a new peppy and attractive one like the ones from Mirrormate, which contains an adhesive backing, are pre-cut and can be pasted over and above the existing one. Their entire range lies between $135 to $ 235. Likewise, if you have a medicine cabinet in your bathroom premises, consider replacing it with some handsome cabinet options, which are mirrored from both inside and outside, manufactured by Robern and ranging between $ 198 to $ 468.
6. Swap out the toilet seat: If budget is a constraint for you, and you do not wish to spend much, you can go in for simpler variations like swapping off your old toilet seat with a nice, pristine and inexpensive option, which would not cost you more than $ 15. As for the installation part, simply tighten the nuts of the new one by yourself after unbolting the old one from the rear of the bowl.
7. Replace your showerhead: An attractive and bright shower-head can add new life and a sense of freshness to your existing toilet. With the market being flooded with newer varieties, the water-sense-labelled ones not only impart a big impact in changing the internal beauty of your bathroom but also make you contribute in the revolution of saving our mother earth by conserving water.The multi-spray Moen Murture Line is one such edition in this segment and has been priced between $ 29 to $ 39. To install, you just need a pipe wrench or pliers to unscrew your old shower-head and twist on the new one.
8. Re-caulk the tub or sink: A discolored caulk makes the bathroom appear shabby, worn-out and dirty. The best is to remove the old one by scraping it, washing and drying the surface before snipping the tube’s tip at an angle of 45 degrees and applying it to the tip seems to do the required bit. A simple and easy available option is that of GE Silicone II Kitchen and Bath caulk, which can be set in a span of 3 hours and comes with a 5 year warranty against molding defaults at a cost of $ 6.
9. A new shower curtain: Some chic and stylish ideas like adding a vividly striped shower curtain can assist dramatically in adding a splash of color to your neutral and boring space. You can even go for graphic designs with subtle patterns as per your whims and fancies. These can be bought from Kate Spade’s latest collection at Bed Bath and Beyond or from West Elm’s Spring styles at prices up to $ 40, which look both eye-catching as well as over-whelming.
10. Luxe towels: Towels by Pottery Barn in plush hydro-cotton, ranged between $ 6 to $ 19, with very little shrinkage and facility for monogramming, can do wonders in adding life to your dead and boring environment.
11. A fresh bathmat: To add a feel of spa to your personal sanctuary, you can even splurge on a wooden mat to secure your foot and to add to an element of beauty and utility to your bathroom. Alternatively, you can pick on a cotton mat with a super adsorbent feature, which can be machine-washed and reversed for easy cleaning and maintenance. These options are available at Viva Terra and can be purchased within $ 70.
To sum up, a neat, clean, beautiful and sparkling bathroom attracts one and all and is a true reflection of an individual’s personality and civic sense. All the above mentioned tips are both affordable and easily accessible, all you need is the right attitude and a zeal to accept the challenge and create the difference.