As the name suggests, transitional homes are the mixture of both modern and traditional home style. The advantage of transitional homes is it allows you to beautify your home and break the rules giving you the freedom to hold your own style whether it’s modern or classic style. You can do an experiment whatever you wanted to do with the style and bring accord to the transitional design for homes. Here are some ideas and tips to help you design your transitional style home.
Features of transitional style home
One of the most features of transitional designed homes is keeping it neutral and simple. The color scheme should be neutral and clean which makes the environment relaxing and serene. This style home relies on warm colors like taupe, cream, beige, grey and light pink. Keeping the color pallet light as the furniture takes the center stage. The wooden essentials are the star of the show and lacquer, metal or steel are often help you balance the atmosphere with the warm color choices.
Limit the use of accessories
Decorating transitional style home with too many accessories is a sure no. You can skip those crafty facts in your home as you want to highlight the furniture and come in the limelight. Use one large piece of crafts and frames instead of too many smaller pieces. Too much use of accessories can overlap and confuse the eye in a way. So keep it simple.
Transitional homes have to be installed with a large window so that the place becomes bright and it will allow the natural light to come inside the house. The oversized double-hung windows can do the work as it can balance the modern home but the implementation is similar to the traditional one. One of the advantages of including a custom transitional home is the freedom to choose your favorite design, elements without making it and scarifying the overall look of your home.
How to Create a unified Transitional Style
Designing a transitional home is not a hectic task as you can design it as per your taste and likes. You can easily blend most of the ideas together to make your dream home. However, there are some ideas to decorate every part of your housekeeping in mind these important elements.
- Designing a living room: – The furniture set up in your living room has to be clean-lined with neutral and warm color. Go for mismatched prints, whimsical chairs. Try to keep the furnishing similar in terms of scale for accord so that all of them looks same and doesn’t overpower each other.
- In the dining room: – One of the best ways to design the dining area furniture is the use of contemporary furniture with a touch of classic style. You can style and use upholstery which gives a traditional and classical feel or vice versa. For the lighting, the sleek pendants lights or simple colorful bulbs can do the décor. Finish the look with a larger modern style mirror and an antique wall art to give some décor component.
- In the bedroom:- Keep the look of the bedroom as soothing as possible. With steel gray fabric or large mirror as the headboard or bed platform can give a nice atmosphere in the bedroom making it spacious and bright. Neutral color blend with a pastel style can maintain the neutral shades of the space and also provide a soothing ambiance. You can coordinate your canopy and window drapes with the shed of peach, blue, mint and sea green. Try to get soft and light fabric for your bed to make it more grounded and relaxing.
- In the kitchen:-One of the most useful ways to decorate your kitchen is first to work on the kitchen cabinets as this is the first things which catch everyone’s attention. Keep it traditional with some nice modern accessories like the handle, knobs. Steel countertops work best for the transitional kitchen. A nice vintage breakfast table with stool again adds a contemporary style with the modern feel.
- In the bathroom: – The bathroom is made interesting by having traditional style tiles with a chevron Have modern equipment like glass, ceramic to introduce modern touch. You can give a wooden wall finish or small wooden cabinetries with the modern touch.
Transition style patio
To create a spacious patio, remove the grills and replace it with glass area. This can maximize the space and make it look larger. Keep it minimal and do not overload the stuff with everything you want to. One of the transition design home elements to include is the use of Slick modern furniture with normal accessories. If you want, you can have bistro chairs arranged with the reclaimed wood table will give a complete look. Plants with ceramic pot can be a classic addition here.